Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's all about the W

Previously when I mentioned my competitive drive I had no idea this blog would come so soon. Last night, I played board games with people that don't know me so well and I think I may have frightened them with my competitiveness. Normally when playing with my close circle of friends - we are all cut throat. I don't think everyone knew exactly how to handle our competition. A simple board game easily becomes something as big the Super Bowl. No one wants to walk away as the loser. Channing put it nicely "It's all about the 'W' for us." 


I do love board games. I also love that no matter what our night is planned to be - we always end up up back at our house. Last night was one of those nights. We had a lot of friends who ended up at our house for a game night. 


LISTEN UP LOCALS: Before our game night began we had a great dinner at the Taco Truck on MacArthur (if you haven't tried it - I suggest the chicken torta!) We also went and spend some time at Shawnee's newest coffee shop - Sip's Downtown Cafe. It's a beautiful venue. Go check it out but take cash. They aren't set up for cards yet!



I really wish I had a picture of Hannah's face when I went competitive crazy on her. Sorry Hannah! But instead enjoy this picture of her trying to steal the spotlight at Sip's!

No comments:

Post a Comment