Almond Chicken & Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce Recipe
Last night I made this wonderful chicken. It is so good and I will definitely be making it again. It was so easy just had a fancy name ;)
· 1/2 cup bread crumbs
· 1/3 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely ground
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
· Butter-flavored cooking spray
· 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
· 1/4 cup chopped shallots
· 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
· 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
· 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, salt and pepper. Add chicken one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
3. In the same pan, cook shallots in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the broth, preserves, vinegar, and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
Confession - I found this wonderful recipe on Taste of Home. (Thanks mom for the magazine subscription!)
I served this with garlic mashed potatoes, salad, green beans and crescent rolls. We finished off dinner with a chocolate chip cookie sundae.
If you think it sounds good - you just come on over for dinner sometime. ;)