Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Where I've Been Wednesday: Home

I want to start this post with - I am still working on the layout/design of the blog. Obviously, I am not working very hard because its not really getting anywhere. Stay tuned for what I come up with. 




When I thought of this "Walk a Week in my Shoes" idea I really saw something different than what I'm going with today.


I planned on being much better at taking pictures of my feet and how these feet and wonderful shoes take my to fascinating places. While I did experience some great places last week- work, the dentist, a Mexican fiesta birthday party for a dear friend,  and then home..only one of those place stood out in my mind. 


Home.


I know I have written about my trips home many times before but those visits are such special moments for me.  How do my shoes represent a trip home? I'm not really sure. Although, I see two very important people who see those shoes as they step out of my car and run to meet me with anticipation. I will always cherish those hugs. (Gosh, makes me miss them so much as I write this) 


Little Sister loves playing dress-up. She doesn't realize that she looks just like me when I was her age. Although, her tiny feet hardly compare to my giant shoes, she wears them proudly. She doesn't realize there is a 20 year age gap between us. She looks at me like we are the same age. Like I'm her best friend..because that what sisters are! I never knew I wanted a sister until I met her for the first time..now I cannot imagine life without one. 


Littlest Brother is growing up so fast that he know could wear my shoes and they'd probably be too small. Wait, he is a boy. He has never worn high heels. (Well, that is the story he is sticking to anyways...until I remind his girlfriend someday when he is 16!!) 


Watching them together brings such joy to my heart. I know there will be a time when my visits are less frequent and I cherish each moment with them. We have a different sibling relationship than most brothers and sisters but I cannot imagine anything different. They have blessed our family so much. 


I hadn't intended to be so mushy. I apologize. I've been feeling a bit homesick and this is my thoughts on that. 


Anywho, I will stop bring a sap and post something more exciting tomorrow..er, hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment