Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Trendy Tuesday: Water for Elephants

Water for Elephants is great. I don't mean the movie. Although, I adore REESE Witherspoon.
I just recently finished the book, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.  It's an excellent and easy read. My synopsis truly doesn’t do this book justice. I expected it to be boring, and I certainly didn’t expect the book to touch my heart the way it did.

It tells a story via the viewpoint of an 90-something year old man. He illustrates the beautiful tragedy that was the train circus of the 20's and 30's. It is a fictional tale that illustrates true stories. It brought something of the past to life for me. I don't want to give away too many details. But I highly recommend this book. 


Enjoy! 


If you are looking for a summer read- PICK this one. I hope this movie will show at the dollar theaters soon. I know it won't compare to the book but I still want to see my girl Reese..plus its a $1.50 (So, technically I have a buck-fifty movie theater not a dollar theater!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment