Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts: To my cousin Melissa


Melissa,
I know you probably won't see this blog until weeks from now. I'm sure that whole "having a baby" thing will probably trump reading my blog. I am sure you are spending this last night as a child-less couple celebrating. Actually, I can imagine it being more like one last freak out moment to make sure EVERYTHING is ready. I know that is going to be me. I know sleeping probably isn't easy. It's like that "night before Christmas" feeling..expect instead of bringing home that baby doll from Santa you are bringing home a real life human..that you have to feed, bathe, educate, and raise. AHH. That is scary. I'm sorry you probably have thought of all of that. Let's just say I'm glad it's you and not me at this time. But all of that aside, I'm not writing this blog for scare tactics I wanted to write in honor of this significant moment in your life.

Many of my childhood memories include you. Staying the night at meme and papa's house, playing hairdresser, playing Nintendo, jumping on the trampoline, wearing your hand me downs {until I outgrew everyone}.. all of those memories seem like just yesterday. {It also reminds me how much cooler your house was than mine - for no wonder I was always there!} I'm sure you don't remember this - but I remember making cookies with you and telling everyone we made them from "scraps" instead of from scratch.

Now you are going to be a mom..... You spent many years bossing me around and watching after me and there is no doubt in my mind that you will be one terrific mother.


I cannot wait to wrap my monkey arms around that sweet baby. Also, I'm ready to know that baby's stinkin' name!

I love you and Ben. I am so excited to watch you raise this sweet little girl and the memories associated with that.

Love, Your "little" cousin Jenn.

P.S. Little Baby Girl Jenkins, enjoy your beautifully organized closet - that was all me! Your mom was always cleaner than me when we were kids..so I had to prove I grew out of my messy phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment