Friday, July 1, 2011

Fat Food Frieday: Baked Parmesan Zucchini

  • This is a GREAT summer food. I tried it last week and YUMM-O!

  • I found this recipe last week when looking for ways to cook zucchini. I LOVE vegetables. If you aren't looking for recipes online - get out of the stinking stone ages. There are so many sites and blogs out there with tips and recipes. 



  • Of course, if you don't like trying new things maybe stick to the norm but if you are wanting to try something crazy--get to Google-ing! 





  • small zucchini, washed and halved lengthwise

  • tablespoon olive oil

  • salt & freshly ground black pepper

  • 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (I used minced garlic in a jar - it's what I had and I love easy!)




  • Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Arrange the zucchini, cut sides up, in an ovenproof dish large enough to hold them in a single layer. Lightly brush with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix the Parmesan cheese and garlic together, then sprinkle over the zucchini.



  • Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the zucchini are tender and the cheese is browned.


  • Tips - I normally use a baking sheet covered in foil when I'm baking anything. It makes for an easy clean-up! Also, I think this could easily be done on a grill. To be honest, I have no idea how to turn on my grill so I stuck with the oven. (Yeah, I'm a college graduate and don't know how to grill-get over it. My last name is Baker- not Griller, mmmkay!) 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment