Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Book Review: Murder in Manolos

Murder in Manolos:
First off, this is a special book. Why? Because I lived across the hall from the author in my freshman dorm. I was so excited to read this book. I know that Linsey worked hard and is incredibly talented so the book had to be amazing.
I was right. Murder in Manolos has the whimsical theme of a romantic comedy {that everybody every girl loves}, along with the suspense of a Nancy Drew mystery. You instantly fall in love with Heidi Hart, a recent college-grad {I can relate!} who is broke and jobless. She comes from a prominent family who want her to be successful and married {like all of her friends} Heidi wants to make it on here own and reluctantly takes a job as a nanny so she can pay the bills. Her life as a nanny is not what she expects it to be. She is a nanny, er companion, to a 15 year old girl and the nice quiet job turns out to be a lot more than she bargained for. She plays a Nancy Drew nanny helping her companion solve a deep family mystery. 

I don't want to give too much away. I do suggest this book to you. I felt like there were many parts of this book that I could relate to as fairly recent college grad. I like being able to relate to the main character in a book. I think that is why I enjoy reading, it's better than television/movies. You can picture scenes and really live in them. Linsey gathered first-hand experience being a nanny herself, which adds extra perspective to Heidi's character. Although, I'm not sure Linsey has been having to solve in crimes lately! 


The ere of mystery will keep you reading. It is hard {at least for me} to put a book down when I'm not sure what is going to happen next. No, I'm not a patient person. 

Congratulation Linsey on your first book. I can't wait for Book #2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment