Monday, February 28, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here's a few thousand words to describe my weekend at home! This will make up for me forgetting my camera all the time - I tried catching everything this weekend! 
Every time I pack to go somewhere I think "I require way too much stuff and I am not this high maintenance!"  
Then I see my bag that holds just make-up and hair products, a bag my dad might call my "anti-ugly kit," and I think "You have got to be kidding me! I require way too much stuff to get ready everyday!" Then I realized it's not that I am high maintenance. {it actually takes me like 45 minutes to be completely ready in the morning!} My problem is DECISIONS. I feel the need to bring many outfits and all my different hair things because you never know 1. what the weather will do {hello, Oklahoma has bi-polar weather!} 2. you never know what you will be doing or how you will be feeling when you are away!
Trips home are always hard and NEVER long enough. My time has to be split between time with Mom and Dad and my little brother and sister and not to mention seeing old friends! 

Each moment spent with Josh and Jordyn has to be cherish because they are few and far between! We have a lot of memories to make in our once a month Saturday's together! Jordyn Kate doesn't realize that I am almost 20 years older than her. I love it. She is one of the few people who don't see me as a grown up. Spending these precious moments with her is something I hope she looks back on fondly because we obviously are unconventional sisters.  It's funny - Jordyn's room is my old room.  I got the privileged of staying in my old room, now loving called the "princess room." It has changed a bit since I lived there. The yellow walls are still around from my reign though!

"I am tired of pictures, drink your tea already Jennifer!" 

I know there will come a day when this little blonde-haired cutie no longer will think I hung the moon. I will eventually become that old lady sister and I won't have the coolest gadgets and most beautiful clothes. So I will appreciate these times when she sees me put a hat on and curl my hair and then go find a similar hat and insist on wearing it! {to clarify, my hat was not a train conductor hat like hers - it was brown and in my opinion quite fashionable!} 

These little kids are growing up so fast. Jordyn is talking so much and Josh is almost the same age I was when he was born! Boy, I am feeling old. I wanted a picture with them because I know I probably won't see them again until the end of March and they both will have grown so much in that short time!

When we get the camera out everyone starts getting crazy - we aren't deprived for attention but some might disagree. Especially me, Josh, and Jordyn - we all tend to act out more then Jonathan.



We found a worm. Josh: "That is cool!" Jordyn: "AHHHH!"
Such a girl!


The question was "Who wants to go back with Jennifer!?" She went as far as grabbing her toothbrush and a bag full of underwear {she planned on wearing the same clothes and shoes all week} and was completely planning on coming back with me!

They did NOT want me to leave. It made it hard for this sister to leave! 
                                                                                                                                        - Jenny B 



1 comment:

  1. They will always both think you hung the moon, even when they don't think you are cool anymore!!

    ReplyDelete