Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Quito: Day 4 of clinics



On our bus ride this morning I gazed out at the city and realized in 48 hours I'll be back on American soil. It's crazy that you can come to love place so much in just 7 days. Learning the language, the culture, the people and then sharing Jesus and encouraging the believers here, I have loved every minute of my time here in Ecuador. The whole experience has been amazing. I'm so glad God brought me to this place. It will always hold a place in my heart. I cannot wait to come back here. I want to bring my family here. I want to better my Spanish so I can be more effective here. Oh and the food here has been incredible too! I've probably gained 20 lbs! I figured by the end of the week I would be so ready to come home but my heart is so heavy as we make preparations to return home. I have love getting to know my team. We have laughed and cried together and had so much fun together! I got to make 19 new friends! (Not to mention all my Ecuadorian friends!)
I knew the church/school we were going to today was special. I had heard about Maranatha all week. As soon as we pulled up, I felt what everyone was talking about - instantly. Walking into the school that day, I felt loved immediately. Not only did they spoil us with coffee and snacks but God is definitely at work in this place and you could feel His presence among these people. We pulled up to the school with quite a crowd awaiting us. The church has advertised our clinic and people lined the block waiting for our bus. It's the closest I've ever felt to being a celebrity. As we walked off the bus  people smiled, took pictures and waved. (This is probably how Justin Bieber feels everyday.)

















Today was our longest clinic. We saw 377 people and it felt like every bit of that! I just drank 4 cups of coffee which might be a bad idea but then again I do need to go pack. How is it already time to come home?

McKenzie, my BFF, for the week. It's crazy that I've only really known this girl for 8 days but am so thankful God put her in my life and crazy that we've been in a lot of the same places at the same time without meeting previously!

The Young Girls Room. My roommates for the week! 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment