Saturday, April 23, 2011

DIY Scoreboard

I recently helped host an adorable little shower for a baby boy who is being born into a family who adores sports. Actually, this baby will be more athletic from the minute he is born than me ever. I made several little items for the shower and I will be sharing them with you over the next few days, but the first DIY project is the chalkboard scoreboard.

I started with a chalkboard from Hobby Lobby


Then, I traced each line onto the board. I was so nervous once it came to painting the lines I would screw up so I used a pencil and a ruler to make sure it was all straight and perfect. 


Then I began to paint the lines just right over the penciled lines.

TA DA!

And here is the scoreboard at the shower! 


Instead of signing a guest book we had everyone "autograph" a basketball. I wish that had been my idea. 

1 comment: