Sunday, March 20, 2011

Surprise!

I think I said I would post about Channapalooza 2 weeks ago but I am just now getting around to it. 


After our 5k race, we let Chan pick the restaurant for lunch and she picked Panera Bread. What she didn't know was that I had been texting her dear friend Emily who was on her way to celebrate with us. While everyone else was ordering, Emily called to let me know she was there. Let's just say we made quite the scene in Panera! 
Here's a video to show just exactly what we down. It's pretty funny, the only problem --it's sideways and really shaky {it was on my phone-sorry!}

Chan claims she knew someone was coming in, she just thought it was Kelly--which was a good instinct on her part because Kelly did come as well--for the surprise party!

All week Channing had been pretty sad that everyone had plans on Saturday or was going to be out of town. So she thought her birthday plans were just a simple dinner with me and Kirt and now Emily! {which is what we do almost every night!} We somehow snuck around enough to plan this crazy party. Em and I talked Chan into dressing up in 80's clothes so she would be dressed with our theme "Party like it's 1987 and Chan's just been born!" 
Channing had NO idea - she kept saying "you lied to me- you said you were going to be out of town!" I am so glad we were able to plan this fun night for her. We spent the night skating with a bunch of 13 year olds at Star Skate {who thought we were crazy!} We had a blast and woke up the next morning exhausted. 
Who thought a 5k and skating in one day was a good idea?--oh yeah this girl! Never again!




No comments:

Post a Comment