Sunday, March 13, 2011

Race Results

So much has happened since I last posted on here, which is pretty much why I haven't posted anything all week. Life gets busy and getting on the computer to blog gets put on the last of my "to-do" list. There so much to post on but I will start with the 5k because I know many of you have been dying to know how my first 5K went so here goes - 
The race day came and it was bitterly cold. Yep, that is right. It was probably around 20 degrees outside! Advanced runners are probably laughing and have run farther in colder weather but for this first-timer--it was not easy! People kept saying that adrenaline would carry you through the race but I am thinking my adrenaline called in sick because I had a hard time getting excited while freezing my booty off! 
Trying to warm-up! It was so cold!
I ran the 3.1 miles in 32 minutes. Again many of you expert runners probably wouldn't consider this excellent time but I was very pleased with my results! I knew my cousin Stephanie was running the race and as I was reaching the last leg of the race I see this cute little red-head behind waving at me--it was Stephanie! Out of all the people there we actually finished the race together! It was the first 5K for both of us, so it was a great memory to share with her! 
This picture is so blurry and terrible but it was the only of me and Stephanie!  
I run for Chach! We ran the 5k for Chan's birthday. 
Chan had no idea that after the race we were meeting her great friend Emily for lunch or that we were having a huge party for her that night! She had no idea just how sneaky I could be - she didn't see any of it coming! 


More on her surprise party tomorrow! 




No comments:

Post a Comment