Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shellac Nails

My last few posts have been "oh so serious" so I am going to fly to the other spectrum and post something somewhat frivolous! And since the Pioneer Women is talking about shellac, I want to endorse it too..because I know people cling to every word I post on my blog like they do PW's! HA. 
I had to Google image search "shellac nails" because I couldn't get a picture of my nails! I'm not the best photographer! Anyways, this is the jest of what it is! 
A few months ago I made a trip to the local nail salon where the lady introduced me to something incredible - shellac nails or a gel manicure. This nail polish is made so that it is more durable than your average nail polish. I can wear my nails for up to 3 weeks and they look freshly polished. The color doesn't fade. I was home over Christmas and my mom kept thinking I had just painted my nails because the polish was so shiny. It stays looking as shiny as day 1 the entire time! It doesn't chip and doesn't smudge.


I was skeptical but I wash my hands/use germ-x  around 4,500 times a day {to prevent catching all the bugs around the pharmacy} and normal nail polish is chipping and wearing off by around day 3. I love this and it really is great for people on the go who hate the look of chipped nails. {Once my nails chip - all the color must be removed!} I hate the look of messy fingernails! 


Anyways, like I mentioned this was a pretty silly post but I wanted to do a little review. I am a huge fan. I feel like every time I'm at the nail salon I talk someone into doing shellac. I have also talked numerous friends into trying it! You can keep your natural nails but get the "fake" nail look! I guess you should expect a sales pitch from a person with a degree in sales! {oops!} 


So if you are looking for a little pampering or like me like the look of manicured hands - ask your salon for a shellac manicure.
I don't think you will be disappointed!  


If you like to research new things - check it out yourself!





No comments:

Post a Comment