Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hosanna

Lately "Break my Heart for What Breaks Yours" has just been on my heart. I'm not normally one to share lyrics. I find myself to be the opposite of a trendy music lover. I don't try to be cool. I'm over that..I pretty much got over that after trying out for cheerleader like 6 times and never making it. Coolness is not a big deal. Just be you. Anyway, off that mini soapbox. These lyrics have been in my head for a few weeks now. Especially the "Open up my eyes to the things unseen, Show me how to love like You have loved me, Break my heart for what breaks yours." I have just been trying to live out my faith. I'm not entirely sure what that evens means but I know that God didn't call us to go to church because we are supposed to, go home and eat a pot roast and see ya next Sunday. He called us to live out. Be Jesus to the people in our community. 


Ouch - I haven't been doing this. I've been going about church as a legalistic to-do list. I go to church, I tithe. I say my prayers. I'm a good person -- IT IS SO MUCH MORE than just that. So leaving you with a this song by Hillsong United called Hosanna - google/youtube. It's a great song. Until next time ---- 


I see the King of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes
I see His love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing, the people sing

Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highests from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hillsong_united/hosanna.html ]

I see a generation
Rising up to take the place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment