Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Next Big Adventure

It's interesting that last post on this blog was from July 18, 2013. I had no idea in 2013 just arriving home from what at the time felt like the biggest adventure of my life that that date years later would be start of another adventure.

I don't find it ironic though. I feel like saying YES to going to Ecuador was part of how I ended up in Texas. The Lord needed me to be willing and able. He needed me to be open to saying YES to Him and knowing His plans are perfect and good. (It's hard typing that because I've struggled so much with actually believing that at times but more on that later.)

Shortly after returning from Quito, I began dating Clayton. I love our love story and maybe I'll blog about that some other time. It was almost a year into dating (immediately following basketball season which is a hectic time in our lives) that Clayton took me on a date to Oklahoma City. Driving home, Clayton looks at me and says "Chris called...there's an opening at DBU"

It was like the world paused. I knew that was his dream job and there wasn't a doubt in my mind what his answer would be but I didn't know what that meant for us. Our relationship was relatively new but we both knew in our minds where it was headed and I knew it meant I was headed to Texas.

Coming to Texas has been one of the most difficult things for me. I knew I loved Oklahoma but I guess I didn't realize just how much! I've almost lived here two years now and still wake up feeling in a funk about being in a new place. I think it's because there are so many daily reminders of how things are different. Don't get me wrong, we've found wonderful friends and we love our church, both of which we are so thankful for. I just sometimes I feel like I'm living in the witness protection program. New name, new home, new friends, new phone number, new husband - not much in my life looks the same as it did 3 years ago when I returned home from Ecuador. So this is where I pick back up...with our next big adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment