Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trendy Tuesday: Selfishness

Selfishness trendy, what!?

The title isn't really reflective of what I'm talking about..well, not really. Lately, I've just felt very selfish. I've noticed that our world is very self-centered...so see what I mean..It's trendy. We are always thinking about ME. I'm preaching this to me. I get so caught up in what is going on in MY world I forget there are billions of other people in this world who might also be having a bad day.

Anyone else had this slap in the fact lately? You just need to hear- Hey, SLOW down. Enjoy life, look around, smell the flowers, and get to know the people around you.

What if being selfless became trendy. I mean, really think about it. Think how your grocery store trips would be different. Think about how work could be different. I mean, it could be LIFE changing. You know how we make this "trendy"..it starts with us.

I'm challenging myself to slow down and try to get to know people and look at their needs. I am going to challenge myself to not get so caught up in ME and try to focus on OTHERS.


I want to challenge you to look at it too. Maybe you are already selfless - if so I applaud you because its something I struggle with. I often expect my mom to just drop what she is doing because I have a major world crisis..(not really) and need her to talk to me..not thinking "oh yeah, she has 4 other kids and her own life."

So yeah, let's see how this goes.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment